Friday, 7 December 2012
One of this year's fast-risers, Sparxy has spent 2012 leap-frogging his way to Radio 1 and Rinse FM plays from the likes of scene legends Skream, Benga and N-Type, as well as steering output from his own Bacon Dubs imprint up the release charts with uncompromising regularity. This week saw the release of his own 'Gravitation EP', and with it comes the opportunity to not only have a go at remixing one of the stand-out tunes from the release - 'Leviathan', a collaboration with Fused Forces - but also to have the remix released on Bacon Dubs as well as winning a whole sack of other good stuff.
The rules are simple:
1. Entries can be in any style, of any length and incorporate any number of other parts, but at least 4 of the remix parts provided may be used.
2. Finished remixes should be sent via email attachment or Mediafire link to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date, with the subject 'Sparxy Remix Competition'.
3. Your email should include a note of which 4 (or more) of the remix parts have been used.
4. Entries should be sent in 320kbps mp3 format.
5. All entries are to be kept offline and private until after the competition close date.
6. One entry per person.
7. All entrants are strongly advised to label their remix entries properly with ID3 tags in order to clearly indicate who is responsible for each version.
Download: Sparxy & Fused Forces - Leviathan Remix Pack
The competition will close on Sunday the 13th of January, after which date all entries will be judged jointly by Sparxy and Hedmuk and the winning entries announced a week later, on the 20th of January.
The winner will not only have their remix included on Sparxy's next EP (subject to contract agreement), but will also receive: 1 x Hedmuk X Thelem T-shirt in the size of their choice, 1 x Bacon Dubs T-shirt in the size of their choice, 1 x Bacon Dubs coffee mug, Bacon Dubs stickers, the entire Bacon Dubs back catalogue on a limited edition CD. Three runners-up will also have their versions released as part of a free EP released via Hedmuk.